Sir Bruce Forsyth is an award-winning British showman and entertainer who became a household name in the UK, with television shows such as The Generation Game, Play Your Cards Right, The Price Is Right and Strictly Come Dancing.
Interview conducted 31st August 2005
Questions to Sir Bruce Forsyth
- It’s been 47 years since you debuted your talents to the world. So many things that you are famous for, for instance comedy, dancing etc… has changed dramatically over the years, especially in Britain. Do you say to yourself “I’m proud of what I’ve achieved and now I can just relax”, or do you feel there’s still a lot more to do?
- You’ve unfairly been typecast as a game show host in Britain. Do you regret going down that path now?
- You’re still in the public eye, most recently with ‘Strictly Come Dancing’, which I believe is coming back again this autumn. It seems to really get your name in the news today you have to do some sort of reality TV. What do you think of that genre?
- Do you, or did you ever get stage nerves?
- Before a show do you ever talk to yourself in the mirror?
- If you could repeat one moment in your life again be it professional or personal, what would it be?
- Who would you say could be the next Bruce Forsyth?
- What advice can u give to all the men out there who like myself are embarrassed to dance and therefore don’t do anything on the dance floor?
- What size feet do you have?
- As a skilled dancer and host of Strictly Come Dancing, what are your views on pole dancing, Art or Fart?
- Have you ever tried to Poll Dance?
- In 1986 you tried to break through in America by having your own show over there called Bruce Forsyth’s Hot Streak. That only ran for 3 months; what do you think was your biggest obstacle?
- Moving onto your famous catchphrases, what were your inspirations behind them? Did you set out to make a catchphrase?
- Do you now feel pressured when you make a public appearance to use all these catchphrases?
- If you had to pick a famous person’s catchphrase that you wish you had thought of, which one would it be?
- Russ Abbott blatantly ripped off your ‘strong man’ arm gesture when you enter the studio, so who do you think would win an arm wrestle. You or Abbott?
- Did you ever have a few too many, and then try to play snap with those giant cards after filming ‘Play Your Cards Right?
- What made you decide to do that ‘strong man’ pose?
- What is your golf handicap?
- How did you meet your wife?
- Being a Miss World, not you…your wife; were you nervous?
- What was the chat up line you used on your wife?
- Do you ever go into the bedroom at night and do the ‘strong man’ pose?
- How would you say you’ve contributed to the good of mankind?